Confidentiality and Privacy are at the heart of all we do. One of our fundamental responsibilities is to protect the information we receive from clients, prospective clients and our website visitors.
This policy concerns how we handle data processing for our past, current and future clients.
You may use our website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information, however if you elect to provide information this will be held within the UK, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018. No data is shared with any third parties except where legitimate and necessary to complete client tasks. No data is sold to any third party.
How long do we keep information
We will retain your personal data for as long as we are providing you with the services referred to in any relevant Terms of Business or other contractual document, and for as long as permitted or required for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention or legitimate business purposes after the closure of your account if the investment, advisory or business relationship between you and us has terminated, or if your application for a particular service or services is declined or abandoned.
Under data protection law you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you (this is commonly known as a ‘Data Subject Access Request’ (DSAR))
- to require that we cease processing your personal data if this is causing you damage or distress
- to require us not to send you marketing communications
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect
- to require us to erase your personal data
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (You may withdraw consent to process without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent prior to withdrawal)
- to receive from us the personal data we hold that you have provided to us, in a reasonable format as specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller
- to require us to comply with your objection to any particular processing activity where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have given your consent and you wish to withdraw it, please contact us. Please note that if you withdraw consent, we may not be able to provide all/some aspects of our services or ongoing provision.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Information Commissioner. You can also find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Some of our web pages may utilise “cookies” or other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file used to collect information about web site activity. Some of these technologies serve to recall personal information supplied by the user. Your browser should allow you to accept or block ‘cookie’ use, but in that case you may need to re-key information previously supplied or may be unable to fully utilise the internet services of Kingsgate Independent Financial Advisers Limited.
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software and operating system types, click stream patterns and dates and times of site access. Our use of this technology allows us to improve the client website experience and provides web data trends and statistics for management information purposes only.
Where you choose to interact with Kingsgate Independent Financial Advisers we will naturally maintain contact with you in connection with that business relationship.
Information Access / Accuracy
For best outcomes we need to maintain accurate personal information. Where we collect your personal information via the web, we want to be able to update, maintain or correct that information. If web-based means are ever unavailable or inaccessible to you, you may send amendments by telephone message, post or text and we will incorporate them to your records as soon as practicable.
We do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone known to be under 16 years of age.
Ongoing Privacy Commitment
We may be contacted via email@example.com or write to the Data Protection Officer, 22 London Road, Horsham,West Sussex RH12 1AY.